Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. Your use of this Website means that you have accepted this Privacy Statement. If you are unwilling to be bound by the following terms, please do not use this Website. the BAKAEY reserves the right to change or modify the contents of this Website at any time and has the right to unilaterally change this Privacy Statement without notification. You should regularly visit this Website to find out whether this Privacy Statement has been modified, as your continued use of this Website indicates your acceptance of any change to this Privacy Statement. However, if the modification concerns how the BAKAEY will collect and use your information (including your personal data) (“Data”), we will ask for your consent prior to any modified use. “You”, “your”, and “users” refer to any person and/or entity that access this Website for any reason.
Collection of Data and its purposes
When you use this Website and/or register at this Website, you may have to provide to the BAKAEY your Data including but not limited to your name and email address (“Email”). You agree to provide to the BAKAEY such information voluntarily. You agree and understand that any and all of the Data you provided to the BAKAEY will be collected and used as follows:
- -for verification of identity and record;
- -based on your contact details (such as Email) to provide information to you on the BAKAEY and various food and catering products and services of this Websites;
- -to store communication contacting details;
- -to generate survey on user traffic on this Website; and
- -to implement your instruction, respond to your enquiries or those made in your name, and to provide efficient and responsive service.
If you do not wish to receive any information on the BAKAEY and various products or services of this Website, whether or not you have consented of the BAKAEY providing you such information, you can at any time contact The BAKAEY’s Data Privacy Officer to indicate that you no longer wish to receive such information (see statement 10).
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
the BAKAEY complies with Hong Kong laws including Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in its policy and the ways it collects, uses, stores, discloses, transfers, protects and accesses Data.
Retention, storage and disclosure of Data
You acknowledge, agree and authorise us to retain and store the Data you provided in one or more databases of the BAKAEY, and to provide, disclose, access and transfer to such Data:
- -any contractor or agent which provides administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, insurance, professional or other services to the BAKAEY and is engaged by the BAKAEY for the above purposes on collection of Data or relevant to the above purposes on collection of Data;
- -anyone that the BAKAEY has to make disclosure to in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws, administrative policies or regulations;
- -anyone who reasonably requires the BAKAEY to make the same disclosure in order that the BAKAEY can implement the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. You agree that the BAKAEY can disclose your Data in the following reasonable and necessary circumstances:
- -in compliance of relevant laws;
- -to execute or implement any terms of the BAKAEY users agreement;
- -to protect the BAKAEY and its users’ rights, property or interests; or
- -in compliance with this Privacy Statement. the BAKAEY specifically states herein that it has not and will not sell your Data. the BAKAEY also will not provide, disclose, access, transfer your data to any persons other than the above.
Security of Data
the BAKAEY will use various security technologies and procedures to protect your Data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Because of the nature of Internet, the BAKAEY cannot guarantee the security on any transfer of Data. However, the BAKAEY will take all practical and feasible measures to ensure any data collected by this Website will not be intercepted by any third party. You must be clear that the BAKAEY advertisers or any website with links to this Website may collect your Data. You must read the relevant privacy statement carefully before you provide your Data to them. Your provision of your Data to any third party has nothing to do with the BAKAEY and the BAKAEY will not have any responsibility on such. If the BAKAEY receives relevant Data from a third party, it will retain the information in the usual strict secured and confidential standards.
Amendment to Data
You are aware that according to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access your personal data held by the BAKAEY and request amendment to your personal data. If you need to access your personal data held by the BAKAEY, please email to The BAKAEY’s Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Use of Web Beacons
the BAKAEY may use Web beacons on this Website or other websites and allow third party to place Web beacons on this Website to monitor the effectiveness of promotion or other legal purposes. Web beacons are also called web crawler. It is an object that is embedded in a web page or email which allows checking by website owner or a third party on whether a user has viewed the page or email. It is usually invisible to the user as its size is generally very small (1×1 gif) and has the same colour as the web page, document or email. Web beacons are identified as HTML IMG on web pages. Users can click on the information option on the web page to find out whether Web beacons are used on the web page. Web beacons can link to personal information. For example, advertising network uses web beacons to add on personal information the web pages a person visited and based on such information to add a particular kind of advertising bars. Web beacons can also be used to independently track the number of people visiting the web site.
Links to third parties’ websites
Please note that the BAKAEY provides links to third parties’ websites as a service to users. the BAKAEY is not responsible for the contents on such web pages or how information is collected. This Privacy Statement of these websites may not be the same as the BAKAEY. the BAKAEY recommends you to read and understand its privacy measures before you submit any information.
This Website is intended for general audiences and does not plan or intend to collect Data from underage below 18. To respect the privacy of underage, underage below 18 should not provide any Data on this Website. the BAKAEY asks that parents monitor their children when they surf on the web.
Mailing List Subscription & Personal Data for Direct Marketing
When you submit your Email to us for the Mailing List, it indicates that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and agreed to how Email is collected and used. In line with the recent changes to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance regarding the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, please rest assured that your Email is used solely for sending news updates on the BAKAEY’s latest restaurant services; and news with affiliated companies and business partners in joint promotions.
If you no longer wish to receive further communications from us, please click the “Unsubscribe” button in any of our emails that we have received. Or, send a request with your name and contact details to our Data Privacy Officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.